Cavallotto Pinner 2019
Out of stock
🖼️ Barolo, Piedmont
🍇 Pinot Noir 95%, other indigenous black grapes for the remaining 5%
🛁 The grapes come from a plot opposite the Cru BriccoBoschis, fermented in steel vats for a period of one to two months, the wine then matures on the lees for 9 to 12 months, then another 3 months in the bottle
👃🏻 White wild flowers and variegated burp notes, ranging from Apple and Pear, then tropical fruit, herbaceous puffs and good minerality
👅 Fresh and generously bodied, perfectly balanced, savoury and long
👍🏻 Serving temperature 10°-12°.
💕 Risotto with mushrooms
😍 A Pinot Noir white, brilliant
Digital data sheets sent by email
Apewineboxes is an online wine shop with over 4000 bottles of artisanal wine, natural wine or biodynamic wine.
We take you to the world's best wine regions, without the need to fly, via our wine boxes, also on subscription.
Castiglione Falletto (CN)
The Cavallotto wine estate is located in Castiglione Falletto, in Piedmont, and belongs to the territory of one of the most important municipalities of the Langhe, within which you will find some of the most prestigious crus of the entire Barolo appellation. A story that goes back to 1928!
The Cavallotto company itself can count on one of the most important crus, Bricco Boschisextended over an area of 23 hectares of vineyards. Today it is Olivio's children - Laura, Giuseppe and Alfio Cavallotto - who firmly hold the reins of the company. In addition to the Bricco Boschis vineyard, in 1989 the Cavallottos purchased 60% of the historic cru Vignolo. Both cru are dedicated to the cultivation of Nebbiolo for Barolo.
The company, however, also owns other plots, such as five hectares of dolcetto (Vigna Melera and Vigna Scot), two hectares of Barbera (Cuckoo Vineyard), to which are added the remaining three hectares of Grignolino, Freisa, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
In the vineyard, the agronomic choices are aimed at respecting the environment, the ecosystem and nature; what is adopted between the rows is an innovative system of organic viticulture, according to which the plants, trained in guyot, reach a density of 5 thousand vines per hectare and are managed by maintaining the highest quality standards. low yields per hectareand are cared for according to the rhythm of the seasons.
In the cellar, the spaces are functional and designed to accompany in the best possible way the path of the grapes towards their transformation into wine. All things considered, the result is simply excellent wines, able better than any other to represent the highest oenological essence of the Langhe lands.