All the natural and artisanal wine you are looking for

Free shipping in Italy from 89 euros

Summer Wolff Thu 2022

20,40 

Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist

Gio Gio is a red wine produced by Summer Wolff in Montaldo di Cellina, Piedmont. The Freisa grapes come from soils rich in marl and limestone. 80% of the mass ferments spontaneously in steel with indigenous yeasts and macerates 10 days on the skins. The remaining 20% is pressed immediately to give balance to the wine. Maturation takes place in cement for several months. The wine is bottled without filtration or clarification and rests a few months in glass. Fresh and lively, fruity and floral, with slender tannins. Gio Gio is the nickname of Gioacchino, Fabrizio and Summer's eldest son. Try it with mature Bra

Manufacturer: Summer Wolff

🍾 Gio Gio

🖼️ Montaldo in Cellina, Piedmont

🏡 Summer Wolff

🍇 Freisa

📅 2022

🌡️ 13%

🍷 Red Wine

🛁 The Freisa grapes come from soils rich in marl and limestone. 4/5 of the mass macerates 10 days on the skins in steel with spontaneous fermentation by indigenous yeasts, while the remaining part is pressed immediately to give balance to the wine. Refinement takes place in cement for a few months. Finally in glass, without filtrations or clarifications

👃🏻 Hints of violet and strawberry, mint and undergrowth, balsamic and mineral

👅 Fresh and exuberant, the tannin is soft and pimply and the finish is rounded

👍🏻 Serving temperature 16°-18°.

💕 Seasoned Bra

😍 Dedicated to Joachim, Summer and Fabrizio's eldest son

Digital data sheets sent by email

Apewineboxes is an online wine shop with over 4000 bottles of artisanal wine, natural wine or biodynamic wine.
We take you to the world's best wine regions, without the need to fly, via our wine boxes, also on subscription.

Montaldo di Cellina (AL)

Summer Wolff is the wife of the famous Fabrizio Iuli, one of the pioneers of natural wine in Italy.

It all started 20 years ago when Summer was working in hospitality at a small restaurant in Charleston, and it was there that she realised that her life would be inextricably linked to wine.

First as a sommelier in NYC and then as Head Sommelier, Export Manager and Wine Broker in Tuscany.

This was an incredible journey that took her around Europe to get to know small and very small natural wine companies, which left a deep impression on her. And which, together with her husband, a person of unbelievable availability, led her to embark on this new adventure.

So, after much dreaming, and also pushed by Fabrizio, Summer decided to realise her dream, that of becoming a vigneron in her own right.

His wines already have a well-defined identity, great drinking, super fun and obviously delicious and natural.

For now, Summer owns two hectares in the same valley where Cascina Iuli is located, has rented a vineyard of Freisa Piccola and the goal is to expand, but without haste!

 

Artisanal and natural wine #apewineboxes

Close ✕

Vintage

Manufacturers & Tags

Grapevine

Regions

Country

Typology

World

Format

Price

Price

Typology

Country

Regions

Vintage

Format

Grapevine

Manufacturers & Tags

en_GBEnglish (UK)
0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is empty
    Scroll to Top